Tuesday, February 16, 2016

No School!

Waiting anxiously at 5:47 AM, repeatedly checking websites, watching every other school in the area close, then... Poof! My school is flashed on the screen. Phew, no school due to icy roads. 

Heard of the February Funk? Yes, I believe I'm feeling it. This cancellation was a nice break! Weather wise, this past week was a rough one. Walking around some local nurseries with my husband helped this weekend when it was a high of maybe  -16 degrees. 




Buying my new transferware set at one of my favorite shops in town has also helped with the funk.


I bought this beautiful set for just $40! I have always wanted a set. It came with many more pieces than shown here. Now today I have some time to find a nice place to display it.


Another cure for the February funk is flowers!


My indoor plants are doing well. My geraniums that I bring indoors are happy. 



African violets too.



I'm going to enjoy this surprise day off to the fullest. And remember that Spring is on the way! Soon it will be time to start some seeds! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace